Live fishing reports, news, events and DCMSSA activities
DCMSSA EventsNext DCMSSA Event: Event Calendar
Recent at DCMSSA
DCMSSA on Flickr
- Hearing mixed reports from opening day. Wind kept a lot of people home. Not a lot of catching north of bay bridge yet. #
- Weather looks great for our charter trip Thursday on Miss Susie put of Solomons. Fish On!! #
- RT @anacostiaws: Massive #AnacostiaRiver cleanup plan unveiled today http://ow.ly/1AqWU #
- Bite is hot out of Solomons!!! Plenty of rock in the mid 30" range. Great weather. #
- 10 nice rockfish on Miss Susie today. All on shallow singles and tandems off the boards over deep water. 30" to 47". Nice fish. #
- Going to fish for rock again Saturday around the bay bridge. Hail Jeremy on 68 if you are out. #
- Just picked 2 nice rock at the bay bridge on tandems off the boards. 1 white 1 green. Shallow baits over deep h2o http://twitpic.com/1i47oi #
- Rock are still hitting at the bay bridge today. 37 & 42 high in water column. Go get 'em. #
The DC Metro MSSA chapter had a great day aboard the Miss Susie out of Solomon’s island on April 22. Ten anglers caught their limit on the afternoon trip, with the big fish being 47”. Wes won $50 in the big fish pool. Eight year old Ryan caught the most fish. The captain, Greg Buckner, and the mate, Tad, were fantastic. Everyone had a great time and can’t wait to do it all again. Anyone who fishes out of their own boat can really appreciate a charter. It is great to let a good captain and mate run all the gear for you for the day. Well worth the price of admission. We plan to do a chapter trip quarterly, so stay tuned for the next opportunity.
If you have any pictures from this chapter event to share, please contact Jeremy Bendler (President@dcmssa.org) for details on how to share.
If you were on the trip and want to share additional details, or missed the trip and have questions, please use the Facebook DCMSSA Page Discussion Board or comments below.
- March 2, 2011:
Guest speaker: Walleye Pete Dahlberg – Charter Guide
Topic: Lure Building Basics
- April 6, 2011:
Guest speaker: Greg Buckner – Charter Captain
Topic: Trolling for Trophy Rock
- May 4, 2011:
Guest speaker: If any of you have suggestions for future guest speakers or topics of interest please let me know.
- March 2, 2011:
- RT @MarlinMagazine: 1,104-pounder caught in Kona recently. Read more about the catch in the next issue of Marlin. http://bit.ly/b369H5 #
- RT @chesapeakebay: Gov. O’Malley: the results of the recent winter dredge survey show a 60% increase in MD’s #crab pop. http://bit.ly/b4S4r2 #
- RT @mdangler: Fredericksburg.com – Why can't the G.A. answer menhaden questions?: http://bit.ly/a3LLSZ via @addthis #
- RT @mdangler: Rockfish & Flounder Season Opens tomorrow @ 5am. Good luck tomorrow and be careful- NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 20 KT #
- Life is good: launched the boat today. Motors are running great. Gear is all ready for opening day. Hope forecast improves. #
- Backstrom for the OT win. Hats litter the ice!!! #